A candidate can be admitted to the program via some following paths:
- Students who have passed the National High School Examinations
- Students who are good at specialized schools, talented and high schools in the group of top 100 schools (with the highest average scores in the previous National High School Examinations)
- Student who won national and international competitions
- Student who have passed the SAT exam organized by IU in May every year
- Student who have passed the SAT exams organized by Vietnam National University -HCMC in May and July every year
- Semester 1 (Fall) starts in September
- Semester 2 (Spring) starts in February
- Semester 3 (Summer) starts in June
Semesters 1 and 2 lasts for 18 weeks with 15 weeks for lectures. Semester 3 is optional (for students who want to graduate sooner, to catch up the delay or reduce workloads in the coming years), and lasts for 8 weeks with 5 weeks for lectures.
Each semester has 1 week for mid-term exams and 2 weeks for final exams.