Announcement from Academia Sinica (AS) about Spring Internship Program.
Detailed information : https://tigpsip.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php
About Spring Internship Program (SIP)
Academia Sinica (AS) is the most prestigious academic research institution in Taiwan. The TIGP@AS (Taiwan International Graduate Program) is a unique all-English Ph.D. program in Taiwan hosted by Academia Sinica covering 12 interdisciplinary programs in Physical, Life and Social Sciences.
TIGP@AS also periodically accept applications to funded International Internship Program which provides outstanding young scholars, who have interests to explore Ph.D studies, a great opportunity to see what Academia Sinica and TiGP@AS Ph.D program have to offer. During the 2~3 months internship, interns can come and stay on our beautiful campus in Taipei to experience Taiwan’s best research environment, to meet top-notch scientists and to utilize state-of-the-art research facilities.
From February to April of 2020, we will host a special spring internship program (2020 AS Spring Internship). An on-line application site will be open from November 25 to December 15, 2019, and the result will be released during the first week of January.
1. Undergraduate students
2. Master students
3. Recent graduate
1. Great Research Experience in Academia Sinica
2. Monthly allowance (15,000 NTD before tax) provided by hosting PI
3. Free on-campus accommodation
4. Half of the airfare will be reimbursed
5. Limited travel insurance (students are advised to get their own travel/medical insurance in their country)
Applicants need to prepare the following documents:
2. Profile picture
3. Statement of purpose (SOP) :
3.1 Whether you are interested in Ph.D study
3.2 Your research interests
3.3 How the internship in the lab of your chosen host can benefit your next step
4. Official transcript (in English)
5. Two recommendation letters (with their official e-mail addresses)
6. Other documents that may support your application
*Your passport should be ready once you get accepted!